Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Portland Timbers Game

I know this doesn't really count as a restaurant, but in lieu of a proper dinner last night, I suggested to my boss that we go to the Portland Timbers game! I drive past the stadium every day on my way back from work, and I noticed a big crowd heading to the stadium. Usually, Timbers games are on the weekends while I am not in Portland, so I was excited that a game was happening and I could actually go!


Outside the front gate
We grabbed tickets right at kickoff and headed into the stadium. The Timbers (an MLS team) were playing Wilmington, at team from North Carolina that is part of the USL Pro league, so basically, Wilmington got killed in this match.


Great field!
While the Timbers dominated 5-1, it was still a fun game to watch. The Timbers crowd is REALLY into it - lots of songs and cheering went on throughout the entire match. Every time they scored a goal, a guy with a chainsaw cut a slice off a big tree stump. The field was also great - it's right downtown, and was built to be a soccer stadium, so it had great seating (except for a very large pole that blocked my view to the left) and it was nice to see downtown in the distance, and be able to walk from my hotel.

As this is a food blog, I'll report what I ate :)  I had a "timber pie" which was basically a chicken empanada, but it was only ok. Next time I'll stick with the hot dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment