Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Lardo Downtown

photo credit: bigmouth
 I've actually been to Lardo twice now, and I'd be lying if I didn't say that I can't stop thinking about their french fries. I've eaten the same thing on both visits: double burger (hold the porkstrami) with cheddar and lardo sauce, with a side of fries. I'm not sure why they call it a double burger because it's only one patty, but it has really won me over.  The first time I had it, I thought it was pretty good, but the fries were stellar. The second time I had it, the burger was the star. It is so juicy and flavorful! The sauce is a perfect compliment, slightly tangy, and paired with hot melty cheddar was simply perfection. Even the bun was amazing!  And the french fries...hot and crispy, sprinkled with flaky sea salt, Parmesan, and fried rosemary and sage. The fried herbs really put those potatoes over the edge into Erin's-hall-of-fame status. I think I just convinced myself to go back next week...as if I needed any convincing :)

Lardo Downtown
1205 SW Washington St, Portland OR

Definitely a must

Seriously...amazing burger, incredible fries, and belgian white...perfect dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment